- To conduct original research on the historical meanings and functions of sleep, and to present this to the public in an accessible way;
- To educate children and families about links between sleep, memory and learning, and to stimulate debate about the health benefits of sleep in the local and national press, and through social media;
- To enable children with little access to the arts to develop a range of creative and cross-curricular skills through access to theatre activities of international quality, and to motivate them to aspire to the highest possible standards of performance themselves.
- To raise school morale by bringing staff and pupils together to work towards a shared goal, and to highlight the part played by schools in the life of the community;
- To extend the work of the Royal Botanic Garden by bringing new audiences to the Garden from areas of social disadvantage.